The Covid-19 pandemic doesn’t look like it’s ending anytime soon. Around nine months have passed since the outbreak of Coronavirus in the country. But, as of now, there is no clear indication of a vaccine for this disease. And, with the unlocking of the country, the importance of safety has amplified with increased mobility. Hence, it is imperative to have corona insurance to prepare against emergencies.
These pointers describing the basic coverage that corona insurance policies provide emphasize on its necessity:
- Hospitalization Expenditure
Corona insurance will pay for the hospitalization charges incurred for Covid treatment in a government authorized center. The expenses encompass:
- Nursing charges, hospital room rent, and boarding expenses
- Cost of blood, anesthesia, oxygen, surgical appliances, ventilator costs, PPE kit, drugs, and diagnostic tests.
- This insurance cover will also cover the fee charges of the doctor, surgeon, and consultants.
- Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) charges
- Cover for road ambulance charges upto Rs. 2000 per hospitalization.
To avail of this advantage, a minimum of twenty-four hours of admission is required.
- Home Care Treatment Expenditure
The insurer will cover the cost of Covid treatment at home for upto fourteen days provided:
- The insured person has been advised to get treated at home
- Health is monitored during the home treatment
- This daily monitored chart to be checked, maintained, and signed by the medical professional
- The insurer follows the cashless and reimbursement facility of the claim settlement policy.
- The insurer must approve the reimbursement claim requests within two hours.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization Expenditure
The Corona insurance policy will cover pre-hospitalization charges incurred fifteen days before the date of hospitalization/home treatment. It includes the cost of diagnosis according to the admissible claim. Also, it will cover 30 days of post-hospitalization expenses.
- Ayush Treatment
Insurance companies follow the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) regulations for Corona insurance plans. Expenses of the medicines for the treatment of Covid on diagnosis in a government authorized diagnostic center will be covered upto the sum insured without any sub-limits.
- Optional Cover
As per this optional cover of Corona insurance, the insurer will pay 0.5% of the sum insured amount on a daily basis. It is applicable for treatment with hospitalization for twenty-four hours and for a maximum period of fifteen days during the policy term.
While these are the basic coverages that Covid insurance plans provide, there are two main types of Coronavirus insurance plans to choose from:
- Corona Kavach Policy
This policy is a standard Corona insurance plan. It provides coverage for consumable expenses like the PPE kit, hospitalization or home treatment charges, and others, as already mentioned. Sum insured amount starts from Rs fifty thousand and goes up to Rs five lakh. The insured can get the family covered under this plan. It also covers costs incurred for Ayush treatment.
- Corona Rakshak Policy
Corona Rakshak policy is a specific Coronainsurance plan. It pays for the hospitalization of a minimum of seventy-two hours and more as per the treatment requirement. Similar to the Corona Kavach policy, it provides cover for expenses incurred on PPE kits, doctor fees, and others. This Coronavirus insurance policy is available to individuals between the age group of eighteen and sixty-five years of age. And, the annual sum insured ranges from Rs two and a half lakh to Rs. five lakh. Applicants suffering from more than one disorder can also get insurance after paying an additional premium.
Determine the most suitable option and then proceed with the buying process. There are many reputable insurers in the market, like Tata AIG. They have a comprehensive corona insurance policy. To learn more, visit the website or contact their customer service, which offers 24×7 assistance.