Islands are a dream destination for anyone who wants to go on a vacation with friends or families. Mainly to escape from the daily routine and relax under rustling palms and gaze at the silent blue sea.Some islands have their own serenity and beauty where some are considered to be a masterpiece of Gods creation and some islands are very captivating with its clean water and clarity. In some of the islands, you have jungles and velvety peaks. These islands are situated far away from the busy places where you find exotic cultures and stunning topography. Travelling to these islands is always someone’s dream destination or has to be on their checklist. To make things easier for you we have come with the top 10 best islands in the world, from which most of the islands have been a tourist spot for several years.
Top 10 Best Islands in the World
#10 Capri, Italy
- This beautiful island is as glamorous as it sounds. Situated about 20km off the Amalfi coast, it lives up to everyone’s expectations. This place is one of the calmest and serene islands found in Italy located in the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Here you find various shopping bags and perfumes. If you visit here, it is highly recommended to visit the highest town, Anacapri and go up to Monte Solaro for spectacular views across the islands.
#9 Whitsunday Islands, Australia
- This is one of those islands that has a crystal clear blue sea. Also considered to be as one of the most beautiful islands in the world, this island is called as a classic tropical island fantasy in Australia’s version. The popular pastime here is sailing, where diving is excellent along with coral reefs.
- These are protected by six national parks, where some of the islands are best used for hiking trails.Here you also find family resorts to luxury escape accommodations in islands like Hamilton Island and Hayman Island. Airlie Beach and Shute Harbour are the main points for Whitsunday islands
#8 Fiji, Australia
- These are one of Australia’s go tropical escapes, with white sand beaches, turquoise waters and coral reefs this island has always been the best islands in the world for most of the tourists. The Fijian people in the island welcome visitors with friendly smiles and warmth.
- Snorkelling, fishing, diving, and surfing are some of the fantastic sports found on this island. With more than 200 islands, there are many ways to find the perfect match i.e from luxurious to family-friendly resorts.
#7 Kauai, Hawaiian Islands
- It is called as the Garden Isle for many reasons. Waterfalls tumble from lava cliffs, the fragrance of the tropical blooms, and rainforest interiors but apart from this what makes this place even more stunning is the coastline which adds the beauty of this island.
- Here people from all around the globe come and dive under the deep blue sea. Kauai has sister islands that are also popular among the tourists, i.e Maui and Oahu.
#6 Maldives, Republic of Maldives
- It is considered to be as one of the most top 10 islands in the world, with its number of ravishing islands which makes the island shine. Located in the Indian Ocean, situated in the Arabian Sea, the Maldives archipelago is the lowest lying nation.
- Luxury resorts with perfect adventures, divers come all over the world and the calm waters are a reason to visit the Maldives.
#5 Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- This island is mainly famous for its huge lagoon. Fish, sharks, turtles swim in these waters. The island is French-based with mouthwatering cuisine that would make you want more. Diving and Snorkeling are the best in the surrounding coral reefs and hiking trails that go through the palm forests.
- This island has many luxury hotels and is also family friendly and is one of the best islands in the world in terms of tourists spots. In this island, due to its gentle slosh of the sea, you tend to fall asleep
#4 Bali, Indonesia
- Mainly known for its thrilling culture, Indonesia has become one of the most fast-growing tourist spots with Bali being on top of the list. The island of Bali is a feast for the senses. Swimming, surfing, sunbathing and shopping are the prime pursuits on this exotic island.
- This island is also one of the most sought-after honeymoon destinations for couples all around the world. The enchanting spirit of Bali will wash over you like a tropical wave. A highly recommended place where you can enjoy with your friends and also one of the best islands to visit in the world
#3 St. Lucia, Caribbean sea
- It has many islands that are famous for its brooding beauty. With one of the most beautiful islands in the world St. Lucia is drenched in topographic drama. The Twin volcanic peaks, luxuriant landscapes, towering pitons that rise more than 700 meters from the sea and provides one of the most amazing stunning scenery.
- Forests of coconut palms, fishing, villages, coral reefs and healing hot springs are some of the sights that can be explored here. Marigot Bay and Anse Marine park are the highlights of this island. The French influences also add an appeal to these islands.
#2 Phuket, Thailand
- Situated in Thailand, this dreamy island balances cultivated with rugged beauty. This island is located in the Andaman sea where white sand beaches are found that are adjacent to huge rainforests and one of the most amazing rollicking nightlife scene in Paton.
- Phuket is also famous among the tourists who want to explore the backdrop of Thailand. With amazing Thai food and lavishing resorts this place is a must go for all the individuals who are looking to find true scenic beauty.
#1 Santorini, Greece
- Another dramatic beauty found in Greece is a spectacular and one of the top 10 best islands in the world for many years. Here you find white villas tumble down volcanic cliffs and blue domed churches rise against the crystal clear sea.The Fira and Oia are the most picturesque and pricy destinations of this island where Oia ranks as one of the best locations where celebrity shootings are done.
- Akrotiri Archaeological Site, Ancient Thira, Sand beach of Perissa are some of the highlights of this island. This island always has made its mark to the top of the list due to sea cliffs and the beauty that has a long lasting first impression.