Some people may think that only dark clothes are easy to faded, but the actual situation is that all colors may fade except white. You will be particularly heartache when you see your favorite clothes faded; throw it, you can’t, continue to wear it and have a little influence. The faded clothing is really an annoyance. Today I will analyze the fade color of cloth in three ways.
1. Why does the fade color of clothes?
1.1 Reason for material and technology
The fiber itself is colorless and the color is dyed at a later stage. In the past, dyes extracted from plants such as turmeric, indigo, limited in color, and easy to faded in use. Right now, the synthetic dyes is used, such as azo dyes, need to be added when dyeing. The reactants are saturated and not easy to react with the outside, much stronger than plant dyes.
Due to material and technological problems, fade color has always been a headache in the textile industry. One of the main reasons is that the dye used on the clothes is not of good enough quality, or the post-processing of the garment is not done well after dyeing. This will lead to color difference and faded clothing after a period of friction, sun or washing. Especially in the case of poor natural conditions, the color difference and fade color of clothes will be more obvious.
1.2 Reasons for the use process
Another situation is that in the process of placing clothes, wearing clothes, or washing clothes, because people can not pay attention to the temperature and humidity of the storage environment, dark and light color clothes are scattered, improper washing and other factors, it is very likely that the color of the clothes dye on the clothes will fade or even fall off.
In addition, we need to note that no matter how good the dye can not withstand ultraviolet radiation, long-term sunshine will make all colors fade. Faded is a natural reaction, the molecular bonds of the dye are interrupted by ultraviolet high energy to cause a chemical reaction.
2. What type of clothes are easy to fade color?
The fade color of the clothes is inevitable, and the way and reason of the fade color are also diverse, so what are the laws of the fade color of the clothes?
1. The textile of natural fiber is more easily faded than chemical fiber (especially synthetic fiber). Textile of cotton, hemp, silk and wool are more easily faded than textiles of nylon, polyester, acrylic, and so on. In particular, silk and cotton are easy to faded. This is mainly because natural fibers are water-soluble anionic dyes, and most of the chemical fibers are non-water-soluble disperse dyes.
2. Textiles with thicker colors and brightly colored textiles are easy to color fade. That is to say, black, dark, bright red, bright green, bright blue, bright purple and so on are easy to fade, while those light colors and some darker colors of textiles are not easy to fade.
3. A loose textile is more likely to fade color than a dense textile. That is, the yarn with relatively thick, the structure with relatively loose, and the textile with relatively thick, they are easy to color fade, for example, woolen, medium, and heavy-weight silk, and the like. The texiles with tight yarns are not easy to color fade.
It’s not difficult to see that if a bright red, purple and thick-heavy coat of pure wool, it will almost certainly color fade, and the same acrylic coat won’t faded. Also like a black silk dress, it will be color fade when washing, and the same polyester dress will almost never color fade.
Some famous brands of clothing in summer or close fitting, among which women clothes are more common, often easy to color fade, this is because famous brand clothing manufacturers often choose some natural ingredients of dye for dyeing. This kind of dyestuff has poor colorfastness, but is harmless to the human body and environmentally friendly.
3. how to reduce the fade color of garment textiles?
1. Improving the color fastness of the textile
Textile color fastness refers to the degree of color fade of dyed fabric under the action of external factors in the course of use or processing. It is an important index of fabric, including color fastness to crocking, color fastness to washing, color fastness to light, sweat color fastness and so on. Garment manufacturers should start from the textile dyeing principle, select the appropriate dyestuff, test color fastness by the textile testing instruments to produce clothes to meet the consumer demand. Common testing instruments for color fastness are as follows:
3.2 Use Items and washing method
Faded clothing, generally because of fabric and dye problems. Methods of add salt, add edible vinegar soaking, I have seen some before, there is a difference in proportion, here I suggest pay attention to the following points in daily life to alleviate the situation of fade color.
1. Avoid friction between dark-colored and light-colored garments, which is common in the friction between backpacks and clothes, it is usually dark-colored fabric is stained with a light-colored fabric.
2. For some textiles with natural ingredients of dyes, even some luxury brands, cannot be washed, special attention should be paid to.
3. When the water washing, the water temperature cannot be too high, and the washing process should avoid vigorous kneading. If it needs to be soaked, the time should not be too long (15 min to 30 min), and rinse clean with clear water as soon as possible.
4. Choose the neutral & mild detergent, it is more easy to be rinsed, not easy to fade, and does not damage the hand. Don’t use the alkaline detergent (such as washing powder and soap) as much as possible.
5. Do not exposure in the sunlight, placed in a cool and ventilated place to dry.
6. Wash the dark and light colors separately to avoid contamination.