COVID-19 has become a major threat to the World. It has taken over 72, 638 lives of the citizens of various countries. The United States is the most affected place from Coronavirus. It has around 3,51,890 confirmed cases out of which 18,940 are recovered and 10,337 people died due to Coronavirus. India has 4281 confirmed cases out of which 319 are recovered and 111 people have lost their lives from the virus. The virus is not letting anyone go, it is affecting from the VVIPS to poor people.
Indian Government has taken several measures to fight from this virus. They have imposed Janta Curfew on 22nd March and now under lockdown for 21 days which will end on 14th April. The situation is getting critical and critical day by day. So to fight with this virus, the government has initiated various schemes for common people. PM Modi has initiated PM CARE FUND to collect money, which can be taken into use for the Warriors those who are fighting with this remedy.
Various known personalities and organizations from India have come forward in this situation. Here we bring to you the Donations made by people and organizations:
- Tata Sons and Tata Trusts have donated 1500 crore(INR) in the PM Cares funds to fight with Coronavirus. Tata Trusts contributed 500 crores to manufacture equipment like ventilators, masks, respiratory systems, testing kits, modules for testing. Tata Sons have donated another 1000 crore to fight back with this virus. This makes their total contribution to 1500 crore. That stated that they will be helping other than this also, when in need.
- Azim Premji Foundation and Wipro Group have committed to donating Rs.1125 crore and said that donations will help patients get better treatment and basic necessities.
- Various Public Sector companies have also donated Rs. 10929 crore in the PM CARES FUNDS.
- Reliance Industries have come forward in this crisis. They have constructed a 100-bed hospital at seven hills Hospital in Mumbai for Coronavirus patients. This hospital is equipped with all the facilities related to Coronavirus patients. They have donated 50croresowards Cares Fund and another 5 crores each towards Gujarat CM fund and Maharashtra CM funds. They are also serving free meals to people and had a partnership with various NGOs.
- Coal India has donated 105 crores towards this remedy and Larsen & Toubro and consumer goods company ITC each pledged 150 crores.
- Paytm CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma has pledged to donate 50ccrores Paytm has initiated that those who pay via Paytm in Cares Fund will not be giving any transaction amount.
- HDFC has done a donation of 150crore. The amount will be directed in the government schemes related to poor people and in the rehabilitation centers. LIC has donated 105 crores, 5crore from LIC Golden Jubilee fund.
- Devotion centers have come forward. Various temples include Kanchi Math (10 lakh), Mahavir Mandir Trust(1 crore), Mata Vaishno Devi (one day salary of their employees), Somnath Temple (1 crore to Gujarat CM Relief Fund), Sai Baba Sansthan (51 crores, free food to the people).
- India’s sports governing body has decided to donate 51 crores.
- Various celebrities include Anushka-Virat, Karan Johar, Sonam Kapoor, Ayushmaan Khuranna, Manish Paul have donated in the PM CARES FUNDS. They have not disclosed the amount.
- Cricket Fraternity includes Sachin Tendulkar (25Lakhs), Suresh Raina (51 lakhs).
- Akshay Kumar donated 25 crores to PM CARE Funds.
- CRPF Jawans contributed their one-day salary which is estimated to be 33.81crore.
Many more donations have been initiated to fight against Coronavirus.
Note: This data is of date: 07 April 2020.