We all are aware about the remaking business of South Indian movies in Hindi by the Bollywood filmmakers. There is nothing new on it. This mainly happens because of the film quality which South Indian movies have including Malayalam, Telugu and Tamil cinema.
The different genres of the Hindi movies are actually inspired from the Southern films or some are officially remakes we have. Some very recent blockbusters of the Bollywood movies are cut to cut or out an out copy from Southern movie.
Like “Wanted”, “Ready”, “Bodyguard”, “Rowdy Rathor” and so on. These all movies scene-to-scene are remade from respective South Indian blockbusters. If you see these movies you will say “The Old Wine in New Bottle”. These are some popular ‘remakes’ of the contemporary times.
The Bollywood’s rendezvous with remaking of South Indian films is not a new thing as it is going on since the early 1970’s with certain super hits including Himmatwala with Jeetendra and Sri Devi starrer as cast. It was a remake of Telugu film Ooriki Monagadu. The Telugu movie “Maro Charithra” also remakes in Hindi as “Ek Duje Ke Liye” and the Malayalam movie “Julie” remakes with the same title.
Well, here are exclusive revealed names of 10 Bollwood movies which you will be surprised to know that these are remakes of Southern movies.
1) Son Of Sardaar (2012): The laughter riot out an out masala movie “Son Of Sardar” is remake of 2010 Telugu movie, called“Maryada Ramanna”, which was directed by Baahubali fame S. S. Rajamouli. Sunil played lead role in the movie and Ajay Devgn reprised the Telugu actor Sunil’s role in its Hindi remake.
2) Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein (2001): This movie is touted as the cult-classic romantic film as in the movie the leading man R.Madhavan delivered an amazing performance. Very few people are aware from the fact that “RHTDM” is remake of the Madhavan’s own Tamil film “Minnale”.
3) Nayak (2001): Do you know Anil Kapoor starrer thought provoking movie “Nayak” is remake of Southern actor Arjun Sarja’s Tamil critically acclaimed and commercially successful movie “Mudhalvan”. Both movies were directed by ace-director S. Shankar and both are equally successful.
4) Anjana Anjani (2010): Ranbir Kapoor-Priyanka Chopra stared “Anjana Anjani” is unofficial remake of the Tollywood superstar Ravi Teja’s Telugu superhit movie “Itlu Sravani Subramanyam”. Although Hindi movie can’t repeat the same success like the Telugu one did.
5) Mr And Mrs.Khiladi (1997): One of hit movie of the Khiladi series Akshay Kumar starrer “Mr And Mrs.Khiladi is officially remake of the cult classic Telugu movie “Aa Okkati Adakku”.
6) Sunday (2007): Rohit Shetty’s mystery thriller film “Sunday” is official remake of Southern movie “Anukokunda Oka Roju”. The “Anukokunda Oka Roju” recorded super hit record at the box office while its Hindi remake fails to repeat the same.
7) My Wife’s Murder (2005): Anil Kapoor’s “My Wife’s Murder” is Hindi remake of the Telugu remake crime thriller the Southern actor J D Chakravarthy’s “Madhyanam Hathya”. Both movies directed by Ram Gopal Varma.
8) No Entry (2007): The multi starrer movie Bollywood “No Entry” is remake of the Tamil movie “Charlie Chaplin” which itself is also a multi starrer movie.
9) Shabd (2005): The Bollywood movie Sanjay Dutt and Aishwarya Rai starrer “Shabd” remake of a movie Malayalam “Rachana”.
10) Judwaa (1997): I bet you don’t know that Salman Khan’s one of the sup hit movie of 90s “Judwaa” is inspired from the Tollywood superstar Akkineni Nagarjuna’s the Telugu super hit action drama “Hello Brother”.