You might be surprised to read this but yeah, baking soda has surprising benefits for the skin. If only we all had known about this a bit earlier we wouldn’t have bought those expensive creams and what not’s! Well, no worries, you will know it now. I am sure after reading this you will definitely love to try out a few of the tips mentioned. So read on and enjoy, and do share your experience.
- Tired of going to the spa or don’t want to burn your money on an expensive spa treatment all at once? Don’t worry, baking soda to the rescue. Just add 2 cups of sea salt and 1-2 cups of baking soda in your bath and sit in it for 30 minutes. There you go, a non-expensive and easy to make spa that too in the confines of your own home. You can add your favorite oil (lavender, etc.) to give it a more spa-like feel.
- Have dandruff? No need to buy those expensive shampoos that claim to fight off dandruff when you have a cheaper alternative at home. Just take a handful of baking soda and massage your wet scalp with it. And voilà, dandruff free hair!
- We all have the problem of split ends at some point in our lives. To make it worse, our hair also go unhealthy no matter how many expensive shampoos and conditioners we use. Split ends + unhealthy hair = Very bad. No need to fret, just add a pinch of baking soda to your conditioner and see the results for yourself.
- It can be used to naturally exfoliate the skin ( no chemicals for the skin, Yay yay!). Just mix baking soda and water in the ratio of 3:1 and apply this to your skin in soft circular motions, your skin will be bright and shining in the blink of an eye!
- Your nails also deserve to be taken care of properly, right? Just scrub your nails with baking soda and olive oil to get softer and brighter nails.
- Foot care is also an elementary part. Our feet take all the bad stuff. Just give your feet a rest and instead of going for an expensive pedi, just soak your feet for 30 minutes in a mixture of lukewarm water, baking soda and shampoo. You may even scrub your feet clean if you want.
- Baking soda also helps in brightening your skin and fighting off acne. Cool, right? Just mix baking soda (2 tbsp), honey (2 tsp) and lemon or orange juice (1 tbsp). Apply this mask on your face after cleaning it with water. Keep for about 15 minutes and then rinse. You will be able to see the change in your skin.
Some of you might have sensitive skin, if this is the case then use coconut oil instead of water. Remember, it is always better to test on a small area of skin for allergies. Rest, all is good. Who knew we could take care of our skin at such low prices? So say bye-bye to the expensive creams (totally up to you) and start using these tips. See the changes for yourself and you will surely be thankful that a substance like baking soda exists!