For most of us coffee is a mandatory morning fix. God knows what would happen if one day there would be know more coffee (shudders). The truth is coffee is everywhere and we all love it. It kick starts our day; its taste, it’s aroma, everything about it is all worth dying for. Plus it is available in convenient take away. What more could coffee lovers ask for? I think the only complain in this case is the amount that goes waste. But don’t worry, in this article you will come to know about other uses of coffee. Your coffee will no more be wasted, you will be able to put it to use even if the coffee beans have gone stale or you have used them to brew a cup of coffee.
- Fertilizer:Yes! Your favorite coffee doesn’t just give energy but it can also serve as a fertilizer for your precious plants. Coffee lovers with a small kitchen garden are going to love it. But you have to keep in mind that it should be used only for plants which prefer acidic soil (like rose). Just add a thin layer of coffee on top of the soil and then let it work it’s magic!
- For hair:Coffee can be used to give shine to your hair and, color. Yes, you read right! Coffee can be used as a natural dye though the results might not be as long-lasting. The plus side is no chemicals in your hair. So go fix a pot of strong coffee and apply it to your hair when it has cooled down. Rinse after 30 minutes and voilà, you will get shiny hair with a coffee tint in them.
- Cellulite reduction:Coffee gives you an easy and cheap home-made fix for reducing cellulite patches instead of those expensive cellulite reduction creams. Make a paste of coconut oil and used coffee grounds. Applying this paste for a few minutes on the patches will reduce them with time.
- Remove any kind of odor:Whether it’s your room, your car, your fridge or even your hands, a small amount of coffee will remove any kind of odor. Just keep coffee grounds in a bowl in the place where it smells, after sometime you will observe that the smell has gone. The coffee grounds absorb the smell. As for your hands, just rub them with a scoop of coffee grounds and then rinse with warm water.
- Compost:Coffee grounds help in making rich compost. Coffee is rich in minerals like copper, phosphorous, magnesium and potassium. The coffee grounds also release nitrogen, making the soil rich in minerals.
- Skin:Coffee is great for the skin. Make a paste with a small amount of olive oil and apply for some time. When you rinse it you will see that your skin is glowing.
There are many other uses of coffee but these are the ones worth mentioning. Another tip for the clean freaks – make a scrub by adding coffee to soap water and then scrub the dirty areas. The place will be squeaky clean. So you see, coffee is not just a beverage, it has various other uses. So it is my suggestion go to your nearest store and buy a can. And then you may live happily ever after.