There are always certain central traits of citizens of every city that makes them stand apart from others. Be it by the way they talk or by some or the other pet peeve. Of late, there has been an influx of such videos and posts that perfectly defines a person from a specific city.
Here, is a list of such characters for the people of the city dotingly known as the Pink city.
You know you’re a true Jaipurite when,
- You identify with the connotation of the word Bana and Baisa and often throw them in your daily conversations.
- There is no other place to be at other than Nahargarh if the weather is pleasant.
- Your week is incomplete without a trip to “Tapri” and a snap story of the famous vine covered logo.
- Daal,baati, churma is not a meal, it’s an experience.
- You know all the secret hideouts for hookahs.
- When it comes to coffee you don’t believe in the uptown cafés and only head towards Bana Ji, GVD and Statue Circle Coffee.
- You’ve spent countless evenings at Sanjay omelet gorging on egg rolls, egg biryani and all things egged up!
- What happens at Central park stays at Central park. (wink)
- You’ve had car racing competitions on JLN road and felt like Shumacher for those 5 minutes.
- You have mastered the art of parking. Thanks to places like Raja Park and Baapu Bazaar.
- You boast about the rich culture and historical places of your city to all your cousins who visit you.
- You cringe when you see people taking photographs at World Trade Park.
- Diwali is incomplete without a trip to the walled city at night to see the adorned buildings and themed décor.
- R for Rawat ki kachori, L for Lassi wala. That’s how we do our ABCs.
- You know that MI road is not a rhetorical question. It’s actually Mirza Ismail Road.
- You still gawk with awestruck eyes whenever you cross the Shree office.
- You’re scared of the auntie at Auntie’s café.
- You can tell the school or college the person belongs from just by the way they act in public. (If you know what I mean.)
- You have prayed incessant times at the Ganesha temple at Moti Doongri for good grades and great suitors.
- You still have a soft corner for Gaurav tower in spite of all the snazzy malls that have come up of late.
- Your childhood was incomplete without ice cream from Jal Mahal ice cream parlour.
- You actually know the reason behind the name “Pink City.”