Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani was a treat to watch. The movie boasted of all that it takes to make a typical Bollywood masala film – romance, groovy music, exotic locations, a star cast to die for, popular dance numbers, even an item number by Madhuri Dixit. It made us laugh, brought us to tears and definitely gave us a different perspective on life. Here are 19 things this film taught us about life.
1. Some friendships are forever. While good friends give you their blanket when you’re cold, best friends will snatch your when you’re half asleep.
2. Don’t get so involved in making a career that you forget to live. Sometimes the path your parents decided for you may not be the right one, so don’t be afraid to reason it out with them and yourself.
3. There’s nothing more unconditional than a dad’s love for his son. No matter how much they disapprove tour passion, if it makes you happy, they’ll do whatever it takes to make it come true.
4. True love sometimes involves letting go and setting your partner free. If they come back, your love was true, people who are meant to come back, will do. If they don’t, just cross your fingers and pray that there will be your Mr/Ms perfect waiting round the corner. A heart-break shouldn’t mean the end of your life.
5. Sometimes, people you love the most don’t love you back. Somethings are just not meant to be, but it’s okay, life moves on and you find someone worth your love.
7. Celebrations are just incomplete without your best friends by your side.
8. Sometimes all you need is a person to whom you can speak your heart out.
9. Never stop chasing your dreams, live the dreams that defines you, the dream that completes you. Do it, you have one life.
10. Money spent on friend isn’t money wasted. You’d rather be poor and have your best friend by your side than be rich and have nothing around.
11. Get out of your comfort zone every once in a while and explore new things, because sometimes impulsive decisions are just best. Out of your comfort zone lies life.
12. Be respectful to your parents, spend time with family, Vo kehte hai na – Kisse pata kal kya ho!
13. Don’t be apologetic for the way you are. Embrace your unique quirks and eccentricities. You don’t have to drink alcohol, socialize, part hard and flirt at the drop of a hat to be cool.
14. There is nothing absolute right or wrong in the world, it’s just perceptions!
15. You can’t have everything you desire, so stop running after what you don’t have and start appericiating what you have.
16. People who really love yo will never stand in the way of your dreams. The choice between them and your dream lies with you!
17. People who are with you in your bad times, when you are not doing well in life are real friends.
18. You get wiser with age, like Bunny, Naina and Aditi, time makes everything right and this is called growing up!
19. There is nothing wrong in choosing love over career and it doesn’t makes you less ambitious, it makes you strong for knowing what you want. Even biggest sacrifices are worth for those who actually matter.
Image credits : Mensxp.